At Commerce Village Veterinary Hospital, we have access to full service laboratory testing. We are often able to give you immediate test results during your pet’s appointment at the animal clinic.
Some of the pet diagnostic tests we offer are:
- Heartworm testing (To check for the blood parasite transmitted by mosquitos)
- Fecal parasite testing (To check for parasites found in the environment or passed from pet to pet)
- Fecal occult blood testing- To look for microscopic blood in your pet’s stool
- Blood panels to check chemistry, complete blood counts, blood clotting, and electrolyte levels.
- Thyroid testing
- Fine needle aspirates or biopsies to evaluate tumors
- Ear cytology- To help evaluate what actually is in ear discharge to treat infections effectively.
- Urinalysis –To look for infection, blood, crystals or cancerous cells in the urinary bladder.
- Skin scrapings, fungal tests, skin cytologies and skin biopsies – to help evaluate causes of skin problems for malodorous, itchy or crusting skin problems.
- Blood pressure evaluation
- Ultrasounds to evaluate body cavities in finer detail to look at the structure of organs.
- Digital X-ray: More advanced technology over traditional film x-ray to show more detail of the heart, lungs, abdominal organs and limbs.
Contact us today to schedule your pet’s appointment in Commerce, MI