Introducing the Companion Animal Laser at Commerce Village Veterinary Hospital – The latest technology for the health of your pet. Pain Removed. Life Improved.
Albert Einstein first postulated laser energy in 1917. Since that time the benefits of laser energy on tissue has been proven and its use continues to expand in both human and veterinary medicine. At Commerce Village Veterinary Hospital in Commerce, Michigan we have the most advanced equipment on the market to deliver this level of care for your pets.
Therapy Lasers for Animals:
This low level light therapy is painless to the pet and can be performed on an outpatient basis during a brief appointment even with pet owners viewing the laser treatment of their pet. It does not require the use of drugs or anesthesia to be given. Many times treated pets feel better within 12-24 hours after treatment.
It can be difficult to know if your pet is in pain sometimes due to their stoic nature. If you have noticed that your feline or canine friend is slowing down, having problems getting in and out of cars, slow to go up or down the stairway or furniture, having problems reaching the litter box, or if they seem to be isolating themselves from the family, pain may be the cause. The therapy laser can be used often as an alternative to pain control medication or together with pain medication to help control pain.
The health benefits of therapy laser for pets can include:
- Reduced pain
- Reduced inflammation and swelling (edema)
- Improved local blood circulation
- Helping superficial wounds and ulcers heal
- Enhancing the local immune system response
In companion animals and pets the laser has been used to treat the following conditions:
- Sore muscles and joints
- Arthritis and pain and mobility problems
- Neurological pain/Back pain
- Chronic non-healing wounds
- Ear inflammation
- Dental conditions like inflamed gums (gingivitis)
- Skin inflammation from allergies and “hot spots”
- General pain
- Inflamed urinary bladders (seen often in cats)
Surgical Lasers for Pets at Commerce Village Vet:
We are proud to say that Commerce Village Veterinary Hospital also has a surgical laser machine. The laser is an intense beam of light which replaces the traditional scalpel blade. This progressive option benefits our patients as follows:
- Reduces pain during and after surgery as it seals nerve endings as it moves through the tissues.
- Reduces bleeding during surgery as it seals blood vessels
- Reduces tissue swelling
- Provides extreme surgical precision
- Allows for quicker patient recovery. The combination of the above results along with the likely quicker return home and faster return to normal activity for pets.
Contact us to schedule an appointment or for more information.